Did you know that you can make dessert in a slow cooker? Julie Beyer Rd, author of Confident Choices: A Cookbook for IC and OAB, shares a delightful recipe for a warm pumpkin pudding, a perfect way to end a cold winter’s day work! Enjoy!
- 1 – 15 ounce can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 – 12 ounce can evaporated milk (may use fat-free)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit baking mix such as Bisquick
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream (optional)
Mix pumpkin, milk, sugar, baking mix, eggs, butter, spice, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Put mixture into a 3 quarter or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on low temperature (not warm) for 7 hours. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream as garnish.