If you struggle with IC symptoms, it is likely you drink water, water, and more, well, water. Sometimes I crave a drink other than water to quench my thirst. Recently I’ve been hosting dinners at our home and prepping fun, spiced drinks for my husband and our guests that I wish I could share with them. Even with taking alcohol out of the picture, most mocktails contain irritating ingredients. Therefore, I created this blueberry coconut refresher. One of my favorite parts about this drink is it can fit into all seasons. If prepping for a group, you create both a spiked and non-alcoholic version. Many people have never had blueberry juice, so my guests are often intrigued to try it. I’ve enjoyed having a confident, go-to “mocktail” recipe, and I hope you do too!
Blueberry Coconut Refresher
Prep time: <5 minutes
- 3-4 Tablespoons canned coconut milk (most do not contain added sugars)
- 4 ounces 100% blueberry juice (the one I used did not contain added sugars)
- San Pellegrino sparkling water
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
1. In a larger glass, Pyrex, or pitcher, whisk 3-4 Tablespoons of coconut milk and 1-2 teaspoons sugar with 4 ounces of blueberry juice. Mix well.
2. Pour the mixture over a glass with ice.
3. Sprinkle a few fresh blueberries.
4. Top with San Pellegrino.
Option to create a shredded coconut rim: pour some honey onto one plate, and shredded coconut onto another. First, dip the rim of the glass in the honey, then dip into the shredded coconut. Voila!
Toast and enjoy!