Breakfast Made Simple & Probiotic Friendly
The soluble fiber in oatmeal and chia seeds, combined with the healthy bacteria of the Greek yogurt and natural sugars of fresh fruit is a quick combo of microbiome friendly ingredients to start your day out right! Recipe is for one oatmeal yogurt parfait.
- ¾ to 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup uncooked old-fashioned or steel cut oats
- 2 T. milk or vanilla or plain almond milk
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 ½ t. honey or maple syrup
- ½ to 1 cup of fresh fruit (blueberries, raspberries, pears cubed, apples cubed, bananas, or whatever you can tolerate!)
- Small glass canning jar or parfait glass
Mix yogurt, oats, milk, chia seeds, and honey/maple syrup in a small bowl. Combine mixed fruit in another bowl making sure fruit is cut into smaller pieces. Put a few tablespoons of the yogurt mixture in bottom of jar or glass. Add a couple of tablespoons of fruit. Continue layering with remaining ingredients. Cover and let rest in the refrigerator overnight (chia seeds will swell and create a more pudding like consistency). Top with more fruit and serve cold.