Infused Spa Waters
Restaurants & spas do it, why not you? Placing fresh herbs and/or fruit in a gallon of water and leaving it in the refrigerator overnight is a great way to add flavor and reduce the boredom of drinking plain water. In fact, the “Classic Spa Water” is simply chilled spring water with a few sprigs of mint, rosemary and cucumber.
Looking for some soda fizz? Low sodium mineral water, such as San Pellegrino, works perfectly!
Need a little extra sweetness? No artificial sugars should be used. Use a little bit of honey to taste!
There are many flavor combinations that you can play with using the fresh, simple ingredients, such as:
- HERBS – a few sprigs of fresh mint, rosemary or sage
- FRUITS – pears, apples, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, watermelon, honeydew
- PEELS – lemon or lime peel has a fraction of the acid that the juice would have.
- SPICES – cinnamon, cloves, vanilla beans & ginger root
Ready to experiment?? Try these flavorful combinations
- fresh mint, rosemary or sage leaves
- fresh cucumber & mint
- sliced pears & a cinnamon stick
- blackberries, fresh mint & lime peel
- raspberries & lemon peel
- strawberries & mint
- peaches & vanilla bean
- gingerroot, mint & lemon peel
- blueberries & pomegranate seeds
- cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew & mint