ENGLISH MUFFINS TOPPED WITH TUNA
From Bev’s low-acid cookbook & diet guide, A Taste of the Good Life: A Cookbook for an Interstitial Cystitis Diet
- 2 Tbsp. softened butter or soft spread
- 2 tsp. dried chervil or chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 6 oz. (1 can) flaked tuna, packed in water
- 2 english muffins, split
- 2 slices muenster or mozzarella cheese
With a fork, mix the butter, chervil, onion salt, and pepper. Stir in the drained tuna and celery. Spread the tuna mixture on each muffin half, then top with the cheese. Toast in oven or warm in the microwave until cheese is hot and bubbly.
NOTE: Finely chopped fresh broccoli stalks or chopped bell pepper, make a crunchy substitute for celery.