Lighter cheesecakes often combine cream cheese, yogurt and/or whip cream that are refrigerated and perfect for a late Spring or Summer treat!
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 8oz packages of plain, full-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt; for table salt, use about half as much by volume or the same weight
- 1.5 cups ounces heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and mashed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries
- Strawberry glaze
Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl, then stir in a pinch of salt to taste. Sprinkle into your choice of fun containers, such as mini mason jars! Spread into an even layer, then compress with a spoon! Refrigerate until needed (wrapped in plastic, this can be done a day or two in advance).
Mix cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix until soft and smooth. Pour in the cream, mix and then whip until the mixture can hold stiff peaks. . (About 3 to 5 minutes)
Pour on top of crust, using a spoon to create a smooth surface. Cover with plastic and refrigerate until the filling is firm and cold, about 6 hours
Create your glaze by placing mashed strawberries and water into a pan. Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Press through strainer to make 1/2 cup of puree. Cool!
Place sliced fresh strawberries on top of chilled cheesecakes then pour glaze on top.